Segue understands that in order to truly add value to our customers, we need to be responsive to new requirements and changes in demand. We also understand the need to be efficient and cost effective. In order to meet these needs, Segue has invested in vertically integrated capabilities to support our custom cable assemblies, custom control panels and power distribution box builds and electro-mechanical assemblies.
These in-house operations provide a competitive advantage over other CMs or in-house manufacturing operations by eliminating double markups and shrinking lead times on components that would otherwise be purchased from third party suppliers. Furthermore, since we own and control these internal capabilities, we can rapidly adjust priorities to match changes in your demand.
Segue utilizes a scalable board and system-level manufacturing processes to provide our customers with flexibility in a high-mix, low-to-medium volume manufacturing environment. Segue provides full Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly services that includes both Surface Mount Technology (SMT) assembly and Through Hole (TH) assembly as well as manual placement and soldering of mixed components.
While our PCB Assembly operation enhances our value to our customers and is primarily focused on producing circuit boards used in our higher level assemblies, we do manufacture stand-alone circuit boards for select customers. Our PCB assembly capability provides our customers with better time to market, consolidated supply chains and fewer touch points all of which provide outstanding overall quality and cost.
Capabilities & Certifications
- Automated assembly (SMT) and manual through hole assembly (TH)
- Single sided multi-Layer
- Maximum board dimension: 510mm x 460mm (18” x 20”)
- Maximum chip dimension: Height 20mm (0.787”)
- Placement capability: 20,200CPH (laser centering/Optimum) (0.178Sec./chip)
- PBGA, CBGA, TBGA, CGA
- In-circuit testing (ICT), functional testing, IC programming
- Press Fit, SMT and other odd shaped components
- RoHS compliant production – (Lead-Free Electronic PCB Assembly)
- On site tooling and fixture development
Segue has extensive plastic molding capabilities. We use these in support of our assembly business to provide our customers with reduced new product introduction (NPI) lead times and to lower overall costs. Our engineering and manufacturing staff has over 75 years of combined experience in precision plastic insert and injection molding and has worked with a wide range of thermoplastic materials.
Capabilities & Certifications
- Plastic injection molding - presses from 90 to 130 tons of clamp force
- 27 horizontal and vertical molding lines
- Shot sizes from .6 to 14 ounces
- In-house tooling and fixture development to reduce lead times and improves responsiveness
- Key supplier partnerships for molds, suppliers and resins
- ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ISO 14001, and ISO/TS 16949 Certifications
The cost of purchased materials can often account for more than 60% of the finished assembly price to our customers. Segue engineers and procurement specialists work closely with customer engineers to match customer requirements and demand profile to locate the lowest-cost solution and most reliable suppliers for new components.
Over the course of our 20+ years of operations, Segue has developed partnerships with more than 100 qualified vendors of low cost equivalent components for materials such as:
- Sheet metal panels and enclosures
- Composite Cable
- Passive electronic components (e.g. circuit breakers, fuses, relays, switches, etc…)
- Plastic enclosures, housings and panels
- Active Components (logic, resistors, diodes, BGA, Programmable parts, etc…)
- Fabricated Printed Circuit Boards
Segue offers a complete solution for supply chain management with these commodities including agreements with suppliers to provide most favorable pricing terms and commitments for rapid quote and sample turnaround times. We have invested in a streamlined system to manage the entire supply chain from the point-of-origin to point-of-consumption (whether in the US or in China). We use Vendor Managed Inventory and a number of JIT replenishment models, such as Kanban replenishment systems, to ensure component availability while reducing inventory costs and maximize inventory turns.
Benefits to Our Customers
- Reduced product costs
- Faster time to market
- Shortened lead times and lower inventory levels
- Commitment to outstanding quality throughout the supply chain
- Minimized supplier risk through a proven supplier qualification process